On Monday 06-04-18 all cars must be moved off the East and West Roadways by 7:00 AM. Curb and Sidewalk construction will be in progress all week.
There will be no parking on the East and West Roadways from 7:00 AM Monday 06-04-18 through Friday 06-08-18 6:00 PM.
If you are parked on the roadway please move your car immediately!!!
See Below for Special Information about Ongoing Construction
Upcoming Meetings (updated 05-29-18)
Board Meeting - Open Meeting
Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 7:30 PM in the Clubhouse
Monday, June 4 2018 - 7:30 PM in the Clubhouse
750-112C Lido Blvd, Lido Beach, NY 11561
Office Phone: 516-432-6782
Office Fax: 516-432-5204
Office Email: email@example.com
This website was designed as a resource for finding information, viewing updates and happenings within the community.
The Towne House at Lido Beach Condominium is truly one of a kind. It is a beautiful oceanfront community with private access to a white sandy beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Residents can also enjoy a well appointed clubhouse and a solar heated pool. It is located on Lido Boulevard between the Town of Hempstead Beach at Sands, and Nassau County’s Nickerson Beach.
The complex consists of 224 units in four bi-level courts. The property was purchased by Mel-Lido Realty/Pac-Lido Realty, and construction was completed in 1966.
Across Lido Boulevard, from 1960 to 1963 there was a Nike Ajax missile site as a part of the anti-aircraft defense of New York City. The control center and radar site is now a storage yard for the Long Beach School District buses. The 60 missile magazines and launch units were moved further east, at what is now a nature preserve, west of the water tower.
In 1992 one of the residents, Flo Sanders, organized a group of owners to protect and enlarge the dunes by planting beach grass. Sadly, she passed away shortly thereafter, and the community dedicated a stairway, bench and engraved stone in her honor. Since then, the dunes have increased by several feet. The stone was recently moved, and can now be seen on the north side of the last ridge, near the pool. We all can be thankful Flo had the foresight to start building an initial defense for a storm surge. During Hurricane Sandy in 2012, these dunes saved our property from massive destructive damage that occurred to other beachfront properties. Although the property sustained damage to the roads, fences, clubhouse and pool, ocean or bay water did not penetrate one apartment. We were so lucky and we have Flo Sander's foresight to thank for this.
Many might not be aware of an interesting story from our beginnings. In 1967 the Town of Hempstead realized that they missed out on the purchase of the property and began proceedings to claim the property. It took two years, but the owners and real estate company were successful in retaining the property and continued to sell the units.
In the case of an emergency or any type of outage that affects the Towne House,
a message will be posted here (as soon as possible).
Please Make sure to Adhere to the Following While Construction is in Progress
1. The sidewalks/curbs are almost if not all complete on the East Side and work on the West side sidewalks/curbs is set to start Monday 6/4/18.
2. Depending upon which area is being worked on, parts or all of the West Roadway may be completely or partially
closed to all traffic at any given time (including pedestrians and four legged residents).
3. There will be two way traffic on the East Roadway while the West Roadway is closed for construction. Please adhere
to all signs when entering and exiting the property and obey the flow of traffic.
4. There is absolutely No Parking and No Standing allowed for any reason on either roadway.
- Any cars blocking the road create a hazardous condition (even for a few minutes).
5. Please drive slowly and carefully, especially when driving past pedestrian openings to the courtyards, passages or
6. Guest Parking Spaces in Courts One and Four have been reassigned as Reserved Spaces for those residents whose
reserved spaces were on the East or West Roadway. The spaces have been marked accordingly.
- Please make sure you do not park in any space that is marked reserved if it is not yours, unless you have permission to use it.
- If a neighbor wants to give you permission to use their spot, they must contact the office either in person or in writing.
7. As always, Residents are responsible for their Guest's and outside Contractor's and where they park.
- Please make sure you explain the situation to anyone coming onto the property.
8. Please respect the Orange temporary fencing and do not rip it down to get to either roadway for any reason.
9. Do not enter the Sands property (on the West side) or the Nickerson property (on the East side) as these are active
construction or construction staging zones and are not safe for people or their pets!
10. The construction crew needs to work in a safe and uninterrupted manner without people walking in the active
Adherence to the above is mandatory until the construction is complete.
Towne House at Lido Beach